Driving Positive Change Towards Sustainable Transportation
In line with the Singapore Green Plan 2030, Yeap Transport has put in place an action plan to fight climate change and champion sustainability. Transportation sustainability is largely measured by transport system effectiveness and efficiency as well as the environmental and climate impacts of the system. To this end, here are some ways in which we have effected positive changes:-
1. Our Yeap Transport Management System (YTMS) allows us to optimise routes to reduce the miles driven and the number of buses on the road as well as improve fuel efficiency.
2. YTMS cuts down on manual processes thereby reducing product waste like paper
3. Our enhanced telematics also helps to reduce vehicle idling which is a big culprit in unnecessary emissions.
4. We send our fleet for regular maintenance so as to prevent buses with issues from emitting poorly filtered gases and oils into the environment.
5. We are currently offering the latest Euro 6 buses that emit the lowest NOx and PM2.5 and are planning to de-carbonise our assets by deploying our electric bus fleet later this year.
6. We have engaged EY to conduct a study on our carbon footprint to identify our Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions. It will then help to develop a medium to long term roadmap and plan on how we can manage and reduce our carbon footprint and build a sustainable transport business geared towards carbon neutrality.
Last month, our CEO Adrian was invited to share our green journey at the virtual Tech Summit by the Government of India’s Department of Science and Technology (DST) and the Confederation of Indian Industries (CII). We are honoured to have been invited to be in the session on “Green Mobility for Sustainable Growth” where many leaders of industry shared their professional views on how clean technologies can move us towards a greener, lower carbon transportation sector. Should you be interested to view the session, do check it out here
Engaging Yeap Transport’s eco-friendly transport solution is a step towards a positive contribution for schools and corporations embarking on sustainability initiatives. We thank you for your support and hope that together, we can create a better and more sustainable future for the next generation.